About The Event
Alliance for Nonprofit Resources (ANR), the Community Action Association of Pennsylvania (CAAP), and the Pennsylvania Association of Nonprofit Organizations (PANO) are proud to be teaming up this year to present the 2017 collaborative conference – Inclusion by Design: The Voices of Our Communities, Our Organizations, and You! Inclusion can take on a lot of different meanings. For some, it may mean designing services to be widely accessible to people of different ability levels, cultural, religious, or economic backgrounds, sexual orientations, etc. It may mean considering new funding streams. For others, it may mean recruiting diverse board members or fostering an internal workplace culture of belonging, connection, and community.
No matter what inclusion means to our nonprofit constituents, we’d like for all learners to walk away understanding how to approach inclusion with purpose – as a mindset and not a requirement. Join us in celebrating and embracing diversity, uniqueness and the art of intentional inclusion!
Here is a sneak peak at the workshop tracks:
- Community Action: topics that are specifically applicable to community action organizations.
- Diversity: define, understand the basics and prepare to create and nurture a culture of diversity and inclusion.
- Advocacy: focus on advocacy issues for nonprofits.
- Communications: tips, tools, and practice for attendees looking to create more inclusive communications.
- Resource Development: fundraising and other forms of resource development.
- Professional Development: opportunities for staff at all levels, from front line staff to executive directors.
- Legal Compliance and Ethics: board governance, HR, and best practices.